Saturday, February 26, 2011

Where Have I Been?



In bed, mostly.

I'm one of the millions of lucky folks on Earth with a bad back. It's been more than a year since it sent me to bed for days, so perhaps I was getting a little cocky. I'm feeling better and I'll soon be finished with the steroids that are helping things settle.

In the meantime, I've been clinging to my nurses for dear life, petting them and kissing them and using them to keep myself zen, because I am not suited for steroids. Holding tight to Lanie and Drive is what's keeping the rest of the family safe from my 'roid rage. ;)

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind and heartfelt wishes on my last post about Bullie. He's still hanging in there. The decline has slowed for a bit and we're taking the opportunity to spoil him crazy.

We're joining in the Blog Hop today after an extended absence. If you're a new friend, please say hello!

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your back pain. My mom has had multiple back surgeries, so I've witnessed how excruciating it can be. I'm glad you're starting to feel better though. Hang in there! Hugs to you, Bullie and Drive. Greyhounds are excellent nurses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Drive and Laine!
    Greyt to see you!! Tell the Momma we are hoping the pain will go away soon and she will soon be up to doing stuff!! - Hope you didn't get as much snow yesterday as we did - but now its back to square one - of trying to melt it away!! -
    Love you all!!! Be good for the momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry That's Bullie!!! Love you!!! need to get some new eye glasses or go back to bed!! Ki-lee woke me up at 4:30 this morning - and haven't been back for a nappie yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the hop - feel better soon, there are so many cats to chase! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New blogger on the Hop. LOVE your tag line "dumb as a post." :) Hope you feel better soon.
    The Cardigan crew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm giggling over you with 'roid rage! I've been on them before, though, so I can sympathize. I hope you're feeling a lot better soon. Greyhounds really do make the world's best nurses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are so cute.... :) good nurses, but even better if you can get them to bring you meals hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the subtitle of your blog! We have two :-)

    Cheers from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete