Saturday, August 6, 2011

Roo Face

Drive has a squeaky, funny little bark. For a big male dog with so much chest cavity, I kind of expected more depth. More resonance. But no. He yips.

Lanie, on the other hand, has that gruff deep voice you'd expect. She talks all the time, like in the video I posted yesterday, usually variations on "Hurry up with that food, lady." She makes the greatest faces, so I talk back to her and keep up conversations with her. I would love to get in her doggy little brain and learn what she thinks she's telling me. Wouldn't that be awesome?






3 comments:

  1. I can have whole conversations with Roxie too, and she LOVES to sing with me. :) It would be amazing to know what they're thinking, but I think your dead-on with the "hurry up with that food" statement! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the conversations I have here! It used to crack me up -- Hawk had a girly bark, and he was huge! Lilac has this deep, scary bark. She's the one who would scare off robbers. When she wakes up at night, she sounds like a seal. No sleeping through her barks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a Sheltie called Lucy who I could have long conversations with. It was so much fun:) I wonder what she thought I was saying to her though? Beryl has an amazing range of noises that I'd love to get an audio tape of, but she mostly talks to herself at night:)

    ReplyDelete