Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh, ouch.


About 8 years ago, I did some serious damage to my lumbar muscles, purely through moronic actions and the ability to ignore my body's agonized warnings, and the whole of my back has never really forgiven me.

I've been pretty fortunate, though, because in these intervening years I've never re-injured myself to the point of bed rest. Or.. I hadn't until last week. A warning twinge as I got out of a chair was ignored. No more than five minutes later, a toddler smashed into my knees and my half-backwards reverse bent-over grab was a truly epic fail. I hit the floor.

Now, I am a mom and suddenly I had a 20-month-old trying to crawl onto me like a pony and a 12-year-old readying her powerful hysterics engines, so of course I had to play it cool, but I think they got the message as they were shuffled off to relatives when necessary and remanded to the care of their father when he wasn't at work for the next several days. I've been in the dreamworld I visit when I have to ingest synthetic opiates and muscle relaxants -- not often, of course.

Don't worry, though! I'm back on my feet for the most part, and I have a most excellent nurse.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your forced bed rest. Looks like you are bein' well taken care of. I'm sure hopin' you feel better soon.

    Chester ;0=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeouch! I'm glad you're feeling better! I have a few nurses like that, myself, and I have to say, they do help!

    ReplyDelete